- October 25, 2021
What Are The Popular Fish Dishes Available In Authentic Thai Food Gowanus In Brooklyn, NY?
If you love eating fish and if you are a fan of traditional Thai flavors, then you would love to try out authentic Thai fish recipes. Whether grilled, baked, or fried, there is a complete range of fish recipes in Thai cuisine that feature both complex and spicy flavors. And even if you are an avid fish eater, you will never find this great fusion of tangy, spicy, sweet, and sour flavors anywhere on this earth. So, if you are planning to visit the best Thai restaurant Boerum hill in Brooklyn, and want to try the traditional fish recipes, then here are some popular options you can consider.
1. Grilled prawn in tamarind sauce: Tamarind is a staple ingredient used in Thai cuisine. The use of this sauce offers true Thai flavor to the dishes. And it is incomparable when tamarind sauce is used to dress up grilled prawns.
2. Thai fish cakes: This is one of the traditional fish dishes in Thai cuisine. Here the white- fleshed fishes are processed with a mixture of fish sauce, coconut milk, and spices along with some traditional ingredients like galangal, makrut lime leaves, and minced chili. After that, the fishes are converted into patties and then they are pan-fried until they become golden. And this dish is often served with a special sauce and rice.
3. Thai whole fish with coriander-chili sauce: This is an authentic Thai food Gowanus in Brooklyn, NY recipe that can be prepared either by frying or grilling. Small-sized whole fishes like snapper or rainbow trout are used to prepare this dish. After cooking the fish, it is dressed with garlic, a delicious tamarind paste, coriander, galangal, red chillis, and fish sauce.
4. Pla Muek Yang: This is the Thai-style chargrilled squid dish coated in a sweet-and-sour, spicy sauce that includes fish sauce, lime juice, chilly, garlic, sugar, and coriander roots. This dish is mainly served with coriander leaves and peanuts on top and in Thailand; this dish is often available at roadside eateries. And in the restaurants, this dish is often served as the main course where it is served with salads or as an appetizer.
5. Tom Yum Goong: This is a staple Thai dish, which is a hot and spicy soup commonly made with kaffir lime leaves, lemongrass, lime juice, galangal, crushed chili peppers, and fish sauce. This dish is mainly made with shrimp and other inclusions are cilantro and mushrooms.
6. Hor Mok: This dish is also called the Thai fish custard, which is a traditional fish curry prepared and served in banana leaf. This dish is well known because of its rich flavor and the beautiful combination of fish, kaffir lime leaves, red curry paste, coconut cream, and sugar. You must not miss this dish if you plan to try the best Thai food in Cobble hill in Brooklyn.
7. Miang Pla Too: Also called Mackerel fish lettuce wraps, this dish is served as the make- your-own style food and it is just perfect to share. Here you can build your lettuce wrap and then can fill it with vegetables, fried fish, cilantro, and rice noodles with the side of spicy chili sauce.
8. Boo Paht Pong Karee: If you are a fan of spicy fish dishes, then you can opt for this one. Also known as Thai crab curry, this dish is very unique as it is cooked with fresh milk and dry curry powder instead of a curry paste. Then this dish is combined with nam prik pao, oyster sauce, egg, white pepper, celery, and fresh chillis. And the outcome is something that would please any curry lover.